We disciple men and women by teaching them to learn to obey Jesus, asking them to follow us as we follow Christ and then teaching them to reproduce what they have been given in others (Matthew 28:18-20; Mark 1:17; 2 Timothy 2:2).
- A leaner - learning to obey Christ
- A follower - following another as they follow Christ
- A reproducer - reproducing what it means to be a disciple of Christ
What resources do we use?
- The Bible!
- Disciple Making Guides (DMG). We produced one on Devotion and have one coming on money and relationships
Take the Land
The second part of our mission is to "take the land". It comes from our name, Normandy and Scripture (Genesis 1:28; Joshua 1:2-3). We will know this is happening when we being to see the lost saved, the lonely set in families and our church looking more like our city (Psalm 68:3-6; Romans 10:14-16; Acts 2:5-11; Acts 5:12-14; Galatians 6:10; James 1:27).
- The lost saved
- The lonely set in families
- Our church looking more like our city
How will we know when we are accomplishing our mission?
- We will start seeing disciples who make disciples (4 generations)
- We will see more salvation and baptisms
- We will see our community groups grow as people are added to the LORD and to our church
- We will see more diversity in our church (racial diversity, single moms, people with different sexual identities, etc.)
What do we do now?
The main thing I wanted to encourage you all in is discipleship. If you are in a place where you desire discipleship or you want to make a disciple, reach out to your community group leader. They have been tasked to help connect you in the process of making disciples.